As a Psychotherapist I understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.counsellingandtherapylondon.co.uk (“This Site”). I, Lisa Home Psychotherapy am committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement or any specific privacy notice that you are personally issued.
This privacy statement is issued on behalf of the Lisa Home, Psychotherapist and Counsellor. When I mention, “I”, “me”, “my”, or “myself” in this Privacy Statement, I am referring to the relevant person responsible for processing your data, Lisa Home (“Data Controller”).
This Privacy Statement sets out how this site uses the personal information that you provide, or which is collected during your visit to my pages. It explains in detail what types of personal data I may collect from you and why, how it is handled, and how it is kept safe, both during and following your visits to this site and in any other interactions with this site and Lisa Home Psychotherapy, and importantly, what rights you have in relation to this.
I may change this statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Privacy Statement is effective from 25th May 2018.
This Privacy Statement is not applicable to any Internet websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with myself, Lisa Home Psychotherapy that this site may link to (“Third Party Sites”). Please review the privacy statements of Third Party Sites as I am not responsible for and have no influence on the content or the privacy practices of Third Party Sites.
This statement is subject to any additional terms of disclaimers or other contractual terms you have entered into with me such as client privacy statements or notices, and any applicable mandatory laws and regulations.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of this Privacy Statement is deemed to occur upon your first use of this site. If you do not accept and agree with this Privacy Statement, you must stop using this site immediately.
I know that there’s a lot of information here, but I want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how I may use your personal information. I hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with me by contacting me on the details below.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: Att. Lisa Home Psychotherapy, 1st Floor, 89 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1DH.
Privacy Statement Content
- Contractual obligations: In certain circumstances, I need your personal information to comply with my contractual obligations with you.
- Legal duty: In rare cases, where I am required by law to provide your details. If this happens I will let you know in advance.
- Legitimate interest: In most instances, I will require your information to pursue my legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running the business of psychotherapy and counselling provision; as long as this does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- Consent: In specific situations, I can collect and process your information with your consent.
Data you give to me:
- When you engage with me on social media
- When you contact me by any means with enquiries, queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask your GP, a family member or partner, another health professional, your Health Insurance provider or when you’ve given any other third-party permission to share the information they hold about you with me
- When you book any kind of appointment with me
- When you comment on or review my services
- When you fill in any forms I may have provided you
When you visit this website my web server may automatically record details about your visit, including:
- IP address
- Website from which you visited us
- Type of browser software used
- Website pages that you visit
- Date and duration of your visit to our website
Data from third parties I work with:
- Interaction with External Social Networks and Platforms: This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of applications on this site. The interaction and information obtained through these applications are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the information collected to track and examine the use of this site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Organisations that introduce you to me: psychotherapist and counsellor directories or registers, such as the BACP find a therapist, or Counselling Directory websites
- Other companies or service providers you ask to share your information with me
Under a legitimate interest, data privacy law allows me to collect your information as part of being able to understand your needs and provide you with the highest levels of professional service.
Here are some of the ways I may use your personal data:
- For making services available or providing services to you
- Where I need to perform under an agreement or contract I have entered into with you
- For on-going administrative purposes
- Where I need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where you’ve provided me with consent to contact you directly
- For internal record keeping
Of course, if you wish to change how I use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘Your rights over your personal data’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal information with me, or refuse certain contact permissions, I might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
I will inform you where I require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, I will process your personal information to meet my legitimate business interests or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, I may also process your personal information prior to entering into an agreement with you, or in order to perform an existing arrangement.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities
- Any party linked with you or your business’s product or service if you are a supplier to me
- Health insurance providers
- If there are safeguarding issues and I have a legal obligation to contact the relevant authorities or bodies
- Insurance companies
- Other health professionals or your GP
- Other companies or service providers you ask me to share your information with
Further information is collected from you if you decide to engage in personal psychotherapy or counselling or a contractual agreement with me. Details of what personal information is gathered and how it is managed will be made available to you through a separate Privacy Notice that will be issued to you if you engage further with me in any way.
I will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or am required by law to do so.
Details of my retention periods will be made available to you through a separate Privacy Notice that will be issued to you if you engage further with me in any way.
At the end of a retention period, your information will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other information so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis, publications and business planning.
We may keep your information for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
Where permitted by relevant Data Protection Legislation you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal information I hold about you (free of charge in most instances), and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the information may be disclosed
- The correction of your personal information when it’s incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That I stop using your personal information and delete it from my records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement
- That I stop any consent-based processing of your personal information after you withdraw that consent
- The restriction of the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, e.g. where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling me to verify its accuracy
- In certain circumstances, to request the transfer of your personal information to you. This data portability enables you to have your information transferred to other third-parties too
- File a complaint with me and/or the relevant data protection supervisory authority (details can be found below)
You also have the right to complain to the UK’s Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Find out on their website: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Please note that I accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to me.